The World Bank’s Open Government Data Working Group developed an Open Data Readiness Assessment (ODRA) methodological tool that can be used to conduct an action-oriented assessment of the readiness of a government or individual agency to evaluate, design and implement an Open Data initiative. As part of the Open Government Data Toolkit, this tool is freely available for others to adapt and use.
New in Version 3: the ODRA has been re-organized and improved to make it easier to understand and use. The ODRA now consists of two documents: the User Guide and the Methodology. Version 3.1 is a minor update that includes additional guidance for the legal/policy section and corrects some minor errors, but does not include any methodological changes.
Download the ODRA
- Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation (January, 2013): Full Report
- Antigua & Barbuda (June, 2013): Full Report
- Peru (June/July, 2013): Full Report - Spanish only
- Mexico (September/October, 2013): Full Report - Spanish | Executive Summary - English
- Dominican Republic (April/May, 2014): Full Report - Spanish only
- Burkina Faso (June, 2014): Full Report - French (Executive Summary & Action Plan also in English)
- Kazakhstan (2014, self assessment): Russian | English
- Uganda (June, 2015): Full Report | Report Annexes
- Tajikistan (June, 2015): Full Report
- Sierra Leone (Nov, 2015): Full Report
- Serbia (December, 2015): Full Report
- Kyrgyzstan (February, 2016): Full Report - English & Russian
Previous ODRA Versions
Sector Specific Assessment Tools
Open Energy Data Assessment
This tool assists energy stakeholders and related authorities in assessing and planning what actions to consider in order to strengthen the use of open data in the energy sector at a national or local level.
- Methodology: MS Word
- Completed Assessments
Open Data For Business (OD4B) Tool
The Open Data for Business (OD4B) Tool provides a methodology to assess the private sector’s current and potential use of government data in various countries.